Sunday, May 1, 2016

12 Simple, Delicious Salads to Bring to Work


Pear, quinoa, walnuts, chickpeas, and spinach leaves

I've made the same salad, or slight variation thereof, for about 90% of the days I've worked over the past three years: Spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese with a balsamic dressing. Usually I'll add a healthy fat like nuts or avocado on top. Sometimes I'd sprinkle in dried cranberries or another fruit. Occasionally I'd switch the mozzarella to feta. Other than that, I was in desperate need of a salad intervention.

Taking inspiration from my Quick & Easy Food Ideas Pinterest board, I gathered together a top twelve list of simple-enough salads I can easily make for work over the next month to get out of my rut. Having a wide variety of salads to choose from that shared similar ingredients is ideal for me to try different things without having an extensive food inventory. I used this blog as my shopping list for the week:

Cucumber & avocado caprese salad


Pear, pomegranate, cilantro, onion, lime salsa


Pears, cranberries, feta, walnuts, romaine, balsamic dressing


Apple, cranberry, walnut, feta, spinach, honey dressing



Pomegranate, cranberry, walnut, goat cheese, mixed greens with balsamic & olive oil


Shaved Brussels sprouts, cranberries, avocado, Parmesan, mixed greens, lemon vinaigrette


Cucumber & feta salad


Chicken, tomatoes, feta, mixed greens




Jicama, citrus, pomegranate, watercress

Strawberry, avocado, shaved almonds, kiwi with honey-lime-yogurt dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment