Friday, February 6, 2015

Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Breakfast Protein Smoothie

Here is one of my newer experiments in breakfast smoothie land. One of my favorite flavors of ice cream is mint chocolate chip. I've also been getting into the habit of brewing tea the night before, adding protein powder and almond milk into my single serving blender, and leaving it in the fridge overnight so that all I have to do in the morning is add ice.

What you will need:
  • 2 Mint Tea Bags (I use Yerba Mate Empower Mint tea. Organic with a little more caffeine.)
  • 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Unsweetened Vanilla Milk (I often use almond milk)
  • 1/2 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (Isopure Dutch Chocolate pictured)
  • 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (Isoburn Vanilla Ice Cream pictured)
  • Blender & Ice
  • Pinch of Stevia
 
What to do:

  • Brew tea bags first, approx 10-15 minutes
  • Add 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Add 1/2 scoop chocolate & vanilla protein powder
  • Add pinch of Stevia if desired. Leave in single serving blender cup in fridge overnight if not making immediately
  • Add 4-6 ice cubes in the morning and blend
Total Calories: 134
Protein: 23g
Carbs: 6g
Fat: 2g
For a meal replacement, use full scoops of protein powder & full cup of almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment