Friday, August 8, 2014

Starting a Vacation, & I'm Excited to Sleep

I'm getting picked up in 6 hours to take a shuttle from San Francisco to Southern Oregon.

Haven't been on this shuttle in over a year - since before I was able to be a semi-functioning regular member of society.

It is ironic, that during the years I was sick and stuck in bed most of the time & wishing I was out of it, that I am really looking forward to appreciating the time I have this next week of not doing much of anything. What a real vacation should be! 7 days of (mostly) not having to worry about what time you go to sleep or having to wake up in the morning. Vegging out will be attained to pro status.

I'm taking these 7 days now, strategically planned between two different pay periods and having saved up 3 days of vacation time (2 days each pay period + 3 days = 7 days.) I come back the evening of August 14th, and start fall semester (nutrition & psychology!) on August 18th. Basically if I didn't go now, I'm not going to have a chance to take a pause until at least Christmas.

If you have a chance to take a pause - take it! There will be many many full-speed-ahead times in our lives for us not to appreciate the time we can have off, when we can have it.

I will be visiting my mom & grandpa in Oregon for a few days, and a good girl friend in Las Vegas for a few days. I have a couple projects in mind I'd like to accomplish while I'm at both places this coming week, and I will share them during and after.


No comments:

Post a Comment