Sunday, August 17, 2014

End of My Summer Vacation

Great summer!

- Went back to college. Took a computer class: Computer Applications for Business, since I'm fairly computer illiterate, and got an A! I struggle with computers, and things like language & terminology, so I'm very happy because I worked for it!

- My regular day job has been going well & accommodating. I was able to still work full time while taking an intense 6 week semester. I was also able to schedule a week off (big reason why I was MIA here for a week) and glad I took it since I know I won't be able to go anywhere til at least Christmas.

- Spent a relaxing few days in Oregon visiting my mom & grandpa. I had wonderful mother-daughter time that we don't get to share more than a couple times a year now. She took me to a creamery (cheese) factory shop, and wine tasting next door from there. 

- Spent my last days as a free woman (of no work or school) in Viva Las Vegas! I've been to Las Vegas many times but believe it or not, I wanted to just have a mellow time this trip. I imagined lots of sun, pool parties, some reading and sleeping. Of course none of that happened - not even the sun! But I made some great memories with my friend Lisa. You know what they say: What happens in Vegas...

I hope everyone takes these last few days of their summer for some much needed relaxation, have a little fun and continue making it a memorable 2014! 

Me & my mom - Southern Oregon, August 2014


Myself & one of my good friends, Lisa - in the High Roller, Las Vegas August 2014





1 comment: