Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fitness Friday - My First Croc-pot Recipe

I am definitely no cook, but there comes a time when you finally have to break out the croc-pot & start experimenting. I figured you couldn't really go wrong with vegetables & soup, and when I entered it all into MyFitnessPal it came out to about 200 calories a serving, and the only fat was the 3 grams from my Parmesan cheese topping. With 12 grams of protein (all from vegetarian sources) and 8 grams of fiber, I figured I'd share this with you all.

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
  • 4oz cut baby carrots
  • 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
  • 1/2 cup pinto beans
  • 5oz baby red potatos
  • 1oz (or 8) cherry tomatoes
  • 1tbs crushed garlic
  • 4tbs parmesean cheese
  • Spices: ground pepper, basil, pinch of cayenne
Throw it all in the pot on low & let it be for a few hours! Make it over night or during the day when you're out working.
Also, if you're having tummy issues like I was & need to get down good food that won't bother your stomach, this is a great option. All these nutrients & fiber really help, and they are soft in the soup so they're easy to digest. :)

Enjoy! 

~ Samantha Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment