Monday, April 11, 2016

Season 1 Product Reviews - Top 10

The first quarter of the year is over! We are transitioning from winter into spring & there are a bunch of fabulous products I've tried & tested over the past few months that I'm happy to share with you. A few of my favorites are in here (Too Faced Primed & Poreless, Origins Night-A-Mins, Dr. Brant pores no more) and maybe you'll discover a favorite of your own too! 


1. Buxom lip stick - Kind of faint colored, doesn't seem to stay on very long. I did use it often before going to work out at a gym - you kind of want to wear makeup but you know anything more than a bit of makeup at a gym is pretty ridiculous. It was easy for that.

2. Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - I love everything in this line. Minimizes pores & leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth.

3. Too Faced Primed & Poreless - One of my all-time favorite primers. A little goes a long way - a pea sized amount can often do your whole face if it's already moisturized. If you have a good complexion, you can even wear it alone without additional foundation or concealer - another good product for that gym-situation I mentioned, but strong enough to help other makeup last all night out at the club.

4. Origins Night-a-mins - Probably one of my top 3 all time favorite night creams. I like to try many night cream products, but I usually rotate this one back into the mix every few months since I started using it in 2013.

5. Smoothie St. Body Buttercream - This product smells great yet is pretty thick. I ended up using it on my feet before I went to bed. If your legs are feeling dry though, especially during those summer months outdoors or swimming, it would be fabulous to have on hand.

6. Dior Diorshow Mascara - It was very fragrant the first month I used it. Either that or maybe I just got used to the smell & didn't notice it anymore. I don't really like fragrant smelling things on my face.

7. Dr. Brant pores no more - This left my skin very soft, smooth & felt more open to skincare products to put on after to absorb. I really liked it a lot and am planning on getting it again. I would use it at night after taking off my makeup and before applying a night cream or serum.

8. Tatcha Rice Polish - I got this from Sephora as one of their weekly specials. I used it in the shower in the mornings for a couple weeks, both with hands and with an organic "cloth". I didn't really notice anything from it in regards to the effect on my face. Wasn't grainy, didn't leave my face dry, or moisturized, or noticeably smooth or anything. I could have been using nothing and I don't think my skin would have felt the difference.

9. GlamGlow Thirsty Cleanse - I used this in the morning in the shower as well. It goes on dry first with your hands, then you add water to foam up the cleansing. I liked it mostly. It did feel like it cleansed my skin yet left it soft after.

10. Clarins Multi-Active Night Cream - I had been waiting to get this one because I was actually going to purchase it full price & it's much more pricey than skincare items I've tested (whether I paid for them or not.) As much as I love Clarins and this product did leave my skin feeling moisturized for the night, it fell short of my expectations for the brand and the price point.

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below or send me a message on what you think of these first quarter winners. 

~ Samantha Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment