Wednesday, March 9, 2016

10 Makeup and Skin Product Reviews With Ratings

Review box is getting full - time to make space with 10 different skincare & makeup reviews! 
Products, samples, and testers came from Sephora, Birchbox, and Target mostly. Everything from Eyes Lips Face to Ole Henrikson.

 
Here are the 10 reviews, rated from 3 being low to 8 being high:

Belif - the true cream moisturizing bomb - 6
A new line out at Sephora from Korea - most of the line seems like a knock-off from philosophy, from the name of the brand, name of the products, and package design. I did like the smooth consistency. If you like philosophy, you may enjoy this brand.

Lara & Co. - Lip Lube - 4
Kind of a weird bright yet pastel color from a Birchbox, ironically the second color I've gotten from Birchbox from this brand in a very similar color. I'll just say this helped my decision in debating whether or not to pause my subscription.

philosophy - no reason to hide -5
Maybe I'm one of the few people that just doesn't get philosophy. I actually liked the knock-off brand more than this sample. 

Clinique - Smart Custom Repair Eye Treatment -8
My favorite trial in this bunch! Clinique is so simple, so mainstream, I'd almost say basic, but there is nothing basic about this product. My skin felt fresh and smooth. Thumbsup. I'd like to get a deluxe sample next. 

e.l.f. Tone Adjusting Primer - 7
If you'd like a inexpensive (usually about $5) primer that you can wear any day, get this one. Sometimes we don't want to use our expensive $25 - $40 primers if we're having a laid back day around the house or running errands. Get this tone adjusting primer (available in 4 different colors) and don't feel bad about looking fabulous every day of the week.

Ole Henrikson - Truth Serum - 6
I used this in my gym bag for after I shower. I don't have anything negative to say about it, but I didn't notice any positive changes on my face. It did absorb fairly quickly for me to put the rest of my products on immediately after. 

e.l.f. Lip Plump & Primer - 3
It smelled & tasted like cinnamon... Everything else wasn't great. Did not notice any pluming, and the primer didn't work at all. Normally I rave about their non-makeup products but this one fell short. 

Benefit - it's potent Eye Cream - 7
Granted this sample only contained two applications, so I can't speak much for its claim of "brightening to fade dark circles", but I did like it as an eye cream. Very gentle and moisturizing which is needed for eye products. Second favorite in this list of ten.

Ole Henrikson - Pure Truth Melting Cleanser - 6
I used this 3-in-1 cleansing gel about five or six times last week, both a few times using just my hands and a few times with my Clarisonic Mia

Jouer - matte moisture tint sunscreen SPF 15 - 7
Got this little guy from a Birchbox. Went on smooth, neutral color that blended well, not too think. I would have rated it higher if the SPF was higher - a 15 doesn't really do a whole lot in regards to protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment