Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hair Care Reviews - Alterna, Splat, N 4

Here are four hair care reviews I've been hiding: A shampoo, a lengthening elixir, a hair mask & hair chalk.

Alterna Caviar Replenishing Moisture Shampoo

I picked this up in line at Sephora. I don't use shampoo much - maybe once or twice a week - so I figured I could splurge on a little investment trial size (it was $8 plus San Francisco tax, which is like a hundred bucks.) I picked this because it had no parabens or sulfates (sulfates can damage your hair, especially if it color treated or bleached), it said "moisturizing for dry hair" (which mine is), and Alterna is a pretty good name in hair care. 
I was pretty happy with it. Only used a small amount each time, so I had maybe about 7 or 8 uses with it. It smelled great, and definitely did not give my hair the "stripped" feeling like with many other shampoos, even moisturizing ones. If you like to shampoo your hair but don't like the dried out feeling most shampoos give you, you'll probably love this. Worth the investment.


Alterna Caviar Repair Lengthening Hair & Scalp Elixir

What can you really say about a one use sample that claims to lengthen your hair? Can't really judge whether or not it lengthens, can you? All things considered, it was nice and I would put it on my head again. However if you are looking to grow & lengthen your hair, you'd be much better off with proper nutrition & possibly vitamin supplements (biotin anyone?)
Splat Hair Chalk

I bought this after I semi-recently dyed my hair pink, and then had a semi-unexpectedly job interview come up. I don't know what I was thinking. I do know that it wasn't worth the money & got all over everywhere - like chalk. I don't know why someone over the age of 13 would use this. If you're under the age of 13, find a cheaper solution to whatever you're trying to accomplish, because this thing is not worth the $6 box. Find some actual chalk & glitter & stick that in your hair. It would probably look cooler anyway. 


Number 4 Reconstructing Masque

I wish I had a bigger sample to try, because for the 1 time I used it (tried to squeeze it between two times, but no go) I really did like it. I used what I like to call my "ultimate test" on all things deep conditioning/ moisturizing/ repairing for hair: right after I home bleach it. 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah alterna is the most famous name in hair care. I also use alterna shampoo and Caviar Repair Lengthening Hair & Scalp Elixir. Both are great products. I am very happy with their results.

    ReplyDelete