Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Influenster #VowVoxBox Review



My second VoxBox from Influenster is the VowVoxBox: Basically, getting ready to say "I do" aka - vows. I received these items complementary for testing purposes.

 In the box was:
  • Tide To-Go
  •  Pure Silk Raspberry Shaviing Cream
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Barracuda
  • Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
  • Eco Tools Facial Sponge
  • Riley & Grey Online Coupon


Let's start with what turned out to be my favorite tester: The EcoTools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge:


Gets soft in the shower & foams up nicely. It's a great reusable sponge & great for the environment too!


Olay, however, was the biggest positive surprise. I didn't think much (or expect much) of an Olay cream. I get my face & skincare products mostly from Sephora and would have not tried this on my own. Pleasantly surprised. Points from this cream:
  • Did not irritate my sensitive skin
  • Blended in well; didn't leave a greasy or film feeling
  • It mositurized just as well as the other brands I use that cost 3-5xs as much
  • Although I only used it for a week, it might actually possibly does what it says: I was starting to get an age spot at my oh-so-very young age & decided that's what I was going to test it against. Maybe it was the placebo effect, but I do feel my skin has a more even tone. Would definitely suggest to those looking for something to even skin tone that's economical
 
Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure however, was a huge dissapointment. I normally love Sally Hansen products, but as you can see: This polish goes on watery and chalk-y. I used two coats, so you can compare one coats on the left, and two coats on the right. I'm hoping I just got a bad bottle, but there you go.

Tide To-Go was also another dissapointment, although I didn't expect much from it in the first place. I decided to test it out on some white satin PJs (closest thing to a bride's dress I have, right?) to see if it would do anything. I got some sad brown stains from the washer one time & I couldn't figure out what it was, but they wouldn't come off & I didn't want to use hardcore bleach on something so delicate. I tried, but to no avail. At least I don't have to wear them out in public.

~Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment