Monday, June 16, 2014

Summertime Ready - Yoga & Pilates

The official first day of summer is just a few days away! I've been doing a lot of strength training the past few months which has been great, but I've been neglecting my core because that part used to be so easy for me. There are a million benefits to strength training (besides the obvious - being strong) but you DO have to remember to stretch a LOT more than you're probably used to. Or you end up like me the past couple days: Waddling around attempting to stretch out your hamstrings every chance you get & making excuses for your odd behavior.


Many people like yoga. That's great. I'm just slowly starting to get back into it since I pretty much disliked it most of my adult life. I think it spawned from the fact that when I was dancing professionally & had to take yoga, it was complicated & I felt awkward so I dismissed it. When I decided to give it another go & try a beginner class a few months ago I totally got what everyone raves about. It is now my favorite thing to do on a Monday night after a long day and also after a long strength training session.
>>>>> Click here for a short 14 minute beginner yoga workout. <<<<<

So if you like yoga, or thinking about trying it, go for it. Another alternative which I LOVE is Pilates - I've loved Pilates for a good 12 or 13 years now. It's great for anyone of any level or even those that have joint pain or issues. It's great on the back (I was in a few bad car accidents when I was young & my back has always bothered me) and is AWESOME for your core. You also work on stretching, flexibility and burn more calories than other similar type exercise. Really, no matter who you are or what your goals are, everyone can benefit from this type of workout.
>>>>> :Click here for a shourt 12 minute beginner Pilates workout.   <<<<<

Mari Winsor is a great Pilates instructor that has quite a few popular DVDs out if you would like to try something at home. If you can find 20 minutes at night before you go to sleep two or three times a week, you'd be off to a fabulous start. This is something I've been wanting to incorporate in my routine for awhile, and am planning a schedule to start myself next month. Check out:  Mari Winsor Pilates on Amazon

Anyone who knows me on any other social media site probably knows I'm a huge lover of Pinterest. Getting close to 4,000 pins, many of them are food, fitness and makeup related (well, I AM Natural Beauty and Body.) I figured I'd share a few from one of my boards to get some of you inspired.

 Have fun!

Samantha Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment