Monday, June 23, 2014

Makeup Monday - Mary Kay VoxBox Review


About a month ago I received my first VoxBox from Influenster, which was the Mary Kay VoxBox. For those of you who don't know what Influenster is, it's kind of like Klout. If you don't know what that is either, they are basically sites which measure your social media influence, usually pertaining to topics that you are knowledgeable or active in. I score very highly in things like beauty, health, fitness and makeup. Once in awhile these things come with perks, and for Influenster you can qualify for a VoxBox - which is a little box of (usually, mostly) awesomeness. Companies for the most part would like you to use and review their products online using your own social media channels.
Come check me out! >>> Samantha Marie's Influenster 



And with that explanation, here is my Mary Kay VoxBox review:

This was my first experience using Mary Kay products. I have obviously heard of their name & knew of their great reputation, but I didn't really have an opinion on their products.

Primed face with Vapour Instant Skin Perfecter.
Mary Kay's large powder brush wasn't as soft to the skin as I normally like my brushes to be, but used it to apply Mineral Cheek Blush, Bronzing Powder & Translucent Powder. All 3 products went on smooth & held well, though I felt the blush was a bit on the orange-y side.
Decided to try Mango Tango lip gloss sans liner to see both how well it stayed & if it bled at all (stayed perfect.) The gloss & blush were a great match (again, if you're cool with the orange-y thing.)

I didn't get the cream eyeshadow in my VoxBox, so I used MAC Cosmetics Old Gold pigment on my lids. The Jet Black Gel Eyeliner came with its own brush, and while the gel itself went on smooth, the brush didn't really help its effort. If you're a novice with gel liners, you might find this brush difficult.
Finished up with Lash Love mascara - which I think would be great as a day-wear / to work mascara. Isn't too thick or clumpy, and defines well.

Likes: smooth gel liner & face powders
Passes: Brushes, except for the concealer brush which I used to apply the MAC pigment.



No comments:

Post a Comment