Thursday, September 8, 2016

20 Skincare and Makeup Summer Reviews

With so many, this season's review load will be quick and dirty! Kind of like my summer haha

* LivingProof Flexible Hold Hairspray - I put this in my travel bag for quick weekend or overnight trips. This brand is big in Sephora for hair, but I'm not super in to it. 7/10 rating

* Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel - Picked this up as a 100pt perk to use for 3 days - loved it! You use the pads until it is no longer moist (why is moist a word people hate so much?). Definitely want to pick up again. My skin felt awesome. 10/10

Makeup Forever Pro Finish Compact Pressed Powder - This has been my go-to compact powder since I left MAC's compact behind some 4 years ago (whenever MUFE released this line). The color does fairly well blending in to skin, but I feel like it can make my skin look dry. I bought a new shade, but keeping my eyes open for a new one to love. 8/10

* Jose Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil - This little bottle went wayyy too quickly. I understand the Argan oil hype now though. My skin was super smooth. Was a bit pricey to go through so quick though. 9.5/10

* Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free Face Cream - YES! Olay! Didn't want to like it when I got my first Olay cream in a VoxBox a couple years ago, but I do. Bought this jar at Target myself! As drugstore skincare brands go, I can get behind this one. 9/10

* NARS Lipgloss in Babydoll - Love NARS lip glosses. Kind of want to try them all eventually. Shiny thick pink 9/10

* Dr. Brant Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator - One of my favorite exfoliators, next to Kate Somerville 9/10

* Origins GinZing - To help brighten and give a more "awake" look to eyes in the moisturizer, but I use it all over my face in the morning. Origins is one of my favorite skincare brands, but I'm not the hugest fan of the brightening look in skin care - I'd rather it be reserved for makeup. 8/10

* Boscia Luminizing Black Mask - One of my other favorite skincare brands, and I especially love their black skincare line. 8/10 for weird application & removal

* Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R - Did an investment in this product though Sephora -wasn't cheap, but lasted a long time and did a fairly well job of leaving my skin smooth and moisturized over the couple months I used it. 9/10

* Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins - Possibly my favorite night cream that I keep going back to. My roommate says is smells like oranges. I default back to this one if there's not something else I'm trying at the moment. 10/10

Dr. Jart Ceramide - Ceramide has been coming up on a lot of skin care products the past couple of years & I love it. Absorbs really well into the skin & helps with cell renewal. 9/10

* Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Smooth night cream that's not greasy. Not the hugest fan of ingredients though. 8/10

* Dr. Brant 3 D Filler Mask - Skincare product from a skin care brand that feels more like a makeup prep product. Maybe it's my indecisiveness on what category this product should actually be in, and how I really want to use it that makes me defer from going back to it, even though I've had at least three different trial sizes so far. A little heavier than I prefer things to be on my face, other than that, it's fine. 7/10

* Buxom Lip Stick Marker - This was like a dark yet natural lip stain, perfect for a little color at the gym. The more trial lip things I get from Buxom, the more I'm liking this brand. 8.5/10

* Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I feel like it took me two years to get through this thing. Don't let the beauty balm name fool you - it is thick & doesn't blend into skin - it actually tells you NOT to rub it in. I normally love Clarins products, but not this one. 5/10

* Benefit High Beam - It's that little round thing that the wording on the package rubbed off haha. I kept this in my makeup bag in my purse & lasted me about 9 months! I loved it for a brow bone highlighter, and also used it sometimes on the tops of my cheekbones and towards my temples. Probably my favorite cream highlighter! 10/10

* Inglot Lip Cream - Bought this in Vegas when I forgot lipstick/ lipgloss in my hotel room & didn't want to go back. Loved it! Consistency is somewhere between lipstick and lipgloss, and color density was in-between too - kind of like the best of both worlds! Inglot has a store in the Forum Shops in Caesar's Palace that I will be visiting again on another trip. 9/10

* Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer - Probably one of my favorite face primers (Benefit has one I love as well). Though seemingly thick to put on, it actually feels like thin satin on your face. It does such a great job of blurring imperfections that you can wear it alone. 10/10

Hope you all enjoyed this run-down! Feel free to add comments below on your experiences with these products.

Yours in health and happiness,

Samantha Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment