Saturday, January 10, 2015

Detox Water Recipes for the New Year!

Hello and happy 2015!

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and vacations and what have you, and I celebrated another year of being 21 while away as well. Now that it's January (and spring semester starts next week) it's time to get back on track!

I'm sure most of you, like me, ate amazing awesome food this past month. Oh, the deliciousness. I'm also sure most of you, like me, saw the scale creep up a couple pounds. Not to worry! In fact, I plan for a 3-5lb gain from the end of December til the first week of January (when I visit Las Vegas for my birthday and eat at the best of the best with no regrets.)

Let's not do anything crazy now. Don't go jump into fad diets or crazy cleanses or the next popular pill hype. Let's do simple, easy things here and there that will produce positive changes along the way! Let's drinks more water!
And super charge it while we're at it!

Here are some ways you can get the most out of your h2o: 64 ounces a day is the goal!
Remember: When using fruit or herbs, it's best to let them marinate overnight in the water, or at least a few hours.

  • Morning Detox: Green tea with honey, lemon, a dash of cinnamon & a pinch of cayenne
  • Simple Detox: 8oz water, a shot of apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 a teaspoon of organic maple syrup 
  • Spa Detox: Ice water with sliced cucumber and a squeeze of lime
  • Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Detox: Water with green apple and cinnamon
  • Better than Juice Detox: 2 cups water, 1 cup 100% cranberry juice, 1/4 cup lemon juice, sweeten naturally (honey, stevia, etc.)
  • De-stress Detox: Berries & mint leaves in chilled water.
  • Evening Detox: Hot ginger tea with 1/2 a shot of apple cider vinegar and honey

No comments:

Post a Comment