Friday, June 6, 2014

The First Fitness Friday! Workouts & Leg Day





It could have been Food Friday, but let's go with fitness. :)


In honor of the first Fitness Friday, let's pay homage to my favorite body part to work on, which coincidentally I also work them on Fridays: Legs!

I'm sure I will post many many many workouts and many many things about legs, but today let's keep it simple with two things:

1) I'm a HUGE fan of Pinterest. Not only do I get a bazillion ideas for everything on there, but it's also my go-to site when I wind down for the evening, or need to de-stress off Facebook for whatever reason for a few minutes. Somehow it is therapeutic in that way. One of my boards is a Fitness board, which currently has over 200 pins of workouts and other fitness inspiration. I'm going to be taking some things from there & eventually talk about them here, but for today, here's my link ~~~>  Samantha Marie's Natural Beauty and Body: Fitness on Pinterest

2) A simple, yet highly effective leg workout you can do anywhere. If you would like more of a challenge, increase length of time or reps, where applicable. You can do the whole thing in about 15 minutes, so no excuses! Legs have the biggest muscles in our body, so when you work them, you burn the most calories.

Warm up: 30 Jumping Jacks
Set: Approximately 4 minutes, Repeat 3-5 times
10 Lunges, each leg
20 Squats
30 Second Wall Hold
20 Donkey Kicks, Each Leg, both Back & Side (80 total)
30 Calf Raises

Increase by 10 seconds & 10 Reps for a more advanced workout

No comments:

Post a Comment